The game of Blackjack has been played for centuries. It’s a simple card game played by millions of people all over the world. The rules are easy to learn, and it is popular amongst children and adults alike. However, one country in Asia has taken this simple pastime to an extreme level: Indonesia!
Facts about Blackjack in Indonesia:
- Blackjack and Roulette were introduced by European colonists.
- Indonesia’s gambling culture was most heavily influenced by a liquor house in Jakarta in 1941. It combined alcohol sales with traditional games like Hokkien Chetty or Acehnese Taruhan Jangka, which evolved into what we now know as Baccarat or Roulette today, respectively.
- The casinos often have live music performances and other entertainment to attract more gamblers, which is why many locals call them “entertainment centers.”
- Two card games that Indonesians enjoy at home are Kartu Remi (a variation on Rummy) and Pekat Du Du (a variation on Crazy Eights).
- It’s a game that Indonesians are indulging in more than ever before.
- Up to 90% of the country’s adult population has gambled at least once, and up to two-thirds have had experience with casinos.
- The gambling industry generates an estimated USD 20 billion per year!
- Indonesia is home to 12 million gamblers, making it one of the largest casinos resorts globally.
- For many Indonesian youths, Blackjack is their introduction into a world of high stakes betting where they can win or lose everything from pocket change all the way up to millions if not billions.
- Blackjack has become increasingly popular in Indonesia due largely to its simplicity and accessibility, and addictive qualities.
The game of Blackjack has been played for centuries. It’s a simple card game played by millions of people all over. You can play Blackjack online at Bandar bola.